The Instrumental Music Program at Pope John Paul II High School provides a robust music education experience for students of all levels in a variety of ensembles. Currently, JPII offers Chamber Orchestra, Symphonic Band, Pep Band, Jazz Combo, Percussion Ensemble, and Contemporary/Commercial Music. Courses are also available in AP Music Theory, Liturgical Music, and Beginning Guitar. In addition to performing at various sporting events and programs in the community, the instrumental program hosts multiple concerts each year and has quickly grown into a leader in the music education community throughout the region.
2018-2020 Program Highlights
- Students were selected to perform in Mid-State Ensembles, All-State Ensembles, Honor Orchestras, All-County Bands, and Solo and Ensemble contests.
- Four members of Mid-State 2018-2019
- One member of All-State 2018-2019
- Five members of Mid-State 2019-2020
- One member of All-State 2019-2020
- String Orchestra performed the most challenging music (grade 4.5 and grade 5) for the Arts uKnighted Event.
- Orchestra participated in the graduation ceremony at the Grand Ole Opry for the first time in school history.